Oh, what a year it’s been.
The best of times
The worst of times
Everything in between
If you’re like me:
- this year went fast — REALLY fast
- everything changed, yet nothing changed
- you did a bit more navel-gazing than usual
- you said goodbye to more people than you were expecting to
If you weren’t like me, you:
- traveled a lot
- embarked on new adventures
- went to no funerals
- enjoyed working remotely in an industry you hope to retire in
Honestly, I hope your year was far more adventurous and dynamic than mine. Because this year was a bit heavy for me.
The year before that was a bit heavy, too.
And I must confess that multiple unexpected deaths mixed in with bouts of quarantine and fruitless routines really gives one a lot to ponder on.
And all my pondering has led me to the same conclusion: Time is short, doubt is pointless, and if you have something to give then it’s time to get in the game.
To do that, I need your help.
If you’ve known me a while, I rarely ask for help and I certainly don’t ask for Christmas presents. But this year I’m asking for both.
This year, for Christmas, will you become my patron for the year of 2022?
Starting at $5 per month, you can fund (and vote on what you want to fund) projects throughout the year.
Projects you can expect to see include:
- & MORE
I’m seriously going to give you so much value for your investment that it’s silly. But that’s what you get when you give me a budget to create with.
For every $5 gift, a gold brick will light up on “The Yellow Brick Wall.”
(Can you see the 4 sponsored bricks that are lit up? Take note of how small they look on your screen. This is relevant later.)
If you don’t know what the Yellow Brick Wall is yet, I’ll save you the long story for now.
Long Story Short: The Yellow Brick Wall is a time capsule. Wherever it appears, guests can paint over its gold in black-and-white (NO COLORS, including grey). People can write words, paint pictures, and leave any image they like.
It is a snapshot of a record of time, place, dynamics, and people.
There are no rules of what one can or cannot depict on the wall, only the promise history will remember what you valued over gold.
But more on that later…
How It Works
Think of things this way:
- Each $5 sponsors a brick on the Yellow Brick Wall
- When a brick is sponsored, it changes from dark to gold with your first name & last initial on it
Bricks can be gold-lit:
- in groups
- in blocks of 60, or more, to depict custom images
And for those of you wondering if you can advertise on the Yellow Brick Wall –which will be featured on my home page ALL of 2022, the answer is:
Not only will whatever BLACK-AND-WHITE image of your choice be featured on my site all year, but it will also have a PERMANENT SPOT on the Yellow Brick Wall when I mint the final image as an NFT at the end of the year.
For those of you wondering: Why a minimum of 60 bricks for custom images?
Well, if you look at the image of the brick wall above, you will see that the individual bricks are quite small/illegible on different screens.
Custom images need enough real estate to be seen.
Simple as that.
Voting For Projects
I’m starting a Patreon, where projects will be pitched, voted on, and completed in order of interest.
- Projects will have an allotment of bricks that need to be sponsored to begin
- Patrons can choose to have their monthly subscription cast votes
- Bricks — even custom-image groups of bricks — can be purchased separately to cast votes
- If no projects are greenlit, I will work on whatever I want in the meantime
EXAMPLE: Let’s say that Pimpernel 4 is one of the projects and it gets funded. I will then make writing Pimpernel 4 my full-time focus until it is done.
Then everyone pledging $15 or more a month will get it for free.
And may the Year of the IndiGOAT begin!